Best Toddler Step Stool
Last updated on April 22nd, 2020 at 02:56 pm
Your toddler is going to try and reach the counter or the faucet with or without the toddler step stool. That’s the next major achievement after walking. The grownup world means everything is out of reach for toddlers. It won’t, however, put them off from trying to climb onto anything to be at the same level as the adults. Instead of them pulling the kitchen chair and it topples onto them, you might as well make it easier for them with a step stool for children.
We’ve created a list of the best toddler step stool researching what is the most durable, safe, and practical for its use. Many step stools are light enough for your toddler to carry around, from reaching the toilet seat to helping mom prepare dinner at the kitchen table.
Our Picks For The Top Toddler Step Stool
A Great Stool For 2 – 4 Year Olds
What makes it good:
- Double safety to avoid slipping with rubber on its feet and on the step.
- The sturdy designs keeps the step stool steady and won’t tip over unnecessarily.
- Multiple colors to fit with the décor of the room you want to use it, the kitchen or bathroom.
Little changes I’d make:
- Some two-year-old children may be too short to reach the faucet on the step stool.
With rubberized feet and step, the Babybjörn Step Stool is one of the safest step stools for toddlers. The step stool won’t slip with its rubberized feet and your child’s feet won’t slip on the rubberized step. It is a functional step that helps toddlers reach the kitchen and bathroom counters without being in an adult’s way.
The toddler step stool is made from a PVC- and BPA-free plastic that is safe to use and may last for years. Its sturdy design ensures the step stool staying steady and not toppling over, even when your toddler is standing on their toes or trying out some dance moves. With the variety of nine colors, the stool may blend in with the décor of the room.
Children may easily pick up the stool with the high side gaps and cart it around to where they need the step stool.
Best Stool To Handle Heavy Weight
- The sturdy plastic holds up to 200 pounds without cracking.
- A non-slip rubber at the bottom keeps the step stool steady and doesn’t slip out from underneath your toddler.
- Clean it with a damp cloth and don’t worry about stains.
- Lime green…eh, it’s not everyone’s favorite color.
The Graco 2 Step Transitions Step Stool is made from a plastic that is strong enough to hold toddlers, children and small adults that weigh up to 200 pounds. It won’t crack or break under stress.
A firm gripping rubber under the feet of the toddler step stool ensures that it won’t slide on the floor causing your child to lose their balance and fall.
Weighing only one pound, the step stool is light enough for your toddler to show their independence by carting it wherever they need it. Now they can explore anywhere and everywhere heights they couldn’t reach before.
Another benefit of the step stool is it’s easy to clean and is stain-resistant; the ideal step stool for potty-training. The dimensions of the lime green Graco stop stool is 8 inches tall and 12 inches wide. With two steps the child may reach heights that single step stools can’t. The wide step allows the toddler to stand safely on the step without it being too narrow.
Great Stool For The Growing Family
- The height adjusts from 8 inches to 15 inches to accommodate everyone in the family.
- It holds up to 250 pounds, which means adults may also use the step stool.
- Its size allows for stability and won’t topple over.
- Children may grip the handrails to give them confidence in stepping on the step ladder.
Room For Improvement
- The step stool may be too big for small spaces.
- It is pricier than other step stools.
The Little Partners Step Stool grows with your children, from toddlers to adults. With three positions, the step stool’s height adjusts from 8 inches at the bottom step to 15 inches height on the top level. The first step is high enough for toddlers to brush their teeth in the bathroom easily. The second step gives enough height for adults to reach the top shelf in the kitchen or garage.
The versatility of three steps allows for adjusting to any family member’s height according to what they want to reach. It has an astounding weight capacity of 250 pounds to accommodate all ages, from toddlers to adults. The rails provide a comfortable grip for family members who don’t like heights or toddlers to help them balance on the step.
With dimensions of 20 x 15 x 32 inches, the step stool creates a safe and sturdy step but could be cumbersome in smaller areas. With a choice of nine different colors, the toddler step stool is one of the best options on the list.
Great Stool For Potty Training
- The non-slip markings in green stand out against the white, making it easy for the toddler to climb onto the step.
- One side is curved to fit snugly against the toilet base giving your child a more natural experience of stepping up.
- The side handles are two rings in the sides to carry the lightweight step stool.
- A potty step stool for children at an affordable price.
- The 5.5 inch height may be too low for some toddlers, and the standing surface isn’t as broad as other step stools on the list
With the slight curve on the one side, the Tundras Kids Green Potty Step Stool is great for placing close to the toilet when potty training. It may feel like a more natural step for your toddler with the curved side against the toilet bowl.
The step stool also weighs only one pound so that your toddler can carry it from one place to the next without a parent’s help. Toddlers effortlessly carry the step stool with the two rings on each side. Highly portable, the step stool is made from durable material for longevity. Although it is one of the best potty step stools, your child may use it to reach kitchen counters and shelves they usually can’t reach. Now they can even be in the family photo with the extra height.
With the green-on-white design, the non-slip areas are marked at the bottom of the step stool and on the top of the step. The bright green dots may give your toddler the confidence to step on the stool without being afraid of a misstep.
It is a good step stool with its portability, price, and safety features.
Great Stool For Stylish Versatility
What makes it good:
- Stylish design in neutral color blends in with the décor.
- The dual step is 10.3 inches high give access to toddlers and older kids that’s normally out of reach.
- It doesn’t slip on any floor types.
- Narrow at the top makes it a challenge for toddlers to turn.
With the Secure Home Dual Height Step Stool, even potty training can be done with style. The stylish white step stool blends with the bathroom and most other rooms. It is made from a sturdy plastic light enough for your toddler to carry from bathroom to kitchen to bedroom. Children and adult hands grip the slots in the sides to lift and carry the step stool.
Measuring 10.3 x 12.7 x 14 inches, the dual step stool, and supporting a maximum weight of 150 pounds, the step stool adapts as your children grow. The dual steps with a height of 10.3 inches enable toddlers to reach toilets and sinks, and older kids may access shelves that were too high for them.
Soft-grip steps prevent little feet from slipping as they climb onto the dual steps. A non-slip surface at the bottom of the step stool ensures no slipping on all types of floors. The slight curve and widening at the back toward the bottom improves stability and prevents the step stool tipping when a child steps on it.
Its hollow design creates a space you can use to store toys and items when in storage. The neutral colors blend in with home décor while its practical functionality help toddlers reach places they usually can’t without adult assistance.
The manufacturer deems its product as one of the best step stools for children, with their 90-day money-back guarantee.
Great Stool For Children Independence
- It gives toddlers to fifth-graders the ability to reach for things without an adult’s assistance.
- Kids may comfortably carry it by the handles to where they need it.
- The stool is made of sturdy wood with a quality finish.
- Although it is sturdy, it doesn’t have a non-slip surface or rubberized feet.
- It lacks portability and isn’t designed for travel.
The KidKraft Step Stool for children is one of the best step stools for toddlers to fifth-graders. With rounded open handles on the sides, children can carry the step stool without adult assistance. It weighs about 10 pounds, which may be too heavy for a two-year-old to carry it.
For a growing toddler who wants to be independent, the step stool may help them achieve their goal. Two steps reach a height of 14 inches. The first step is 6 inches off the ground, which is high enough for toddlers to reach countertops and be at eye level with older siblings. The second step may help elementary school kids reach the book or toy on the top shelf without asking for assistance.
When nobody is using it to step on, the step stool works as well as a seat. It may not be as comfortable as a lounge chair but is perfect for sitting while paging a picture book.
The step stool is made of wood with quality finishes. Although it is a robust step stool that may withstand toddler abuse, you may want to add non-slip tape for extra safety precautions.
Great Stool For Small Bathrooms
- The compact size makes it ideal for small bathrooms.
- With anti-slip bottom and step surface, it won’t slide, and your toddler won’t slip off.
- Side handles for toddlers to carry it from the toilet to sink.
- The 5 inches in height may not be high enough for short toddlers to reach the sink but should be high enough for the toilet seat.
If you have a small bathroom and you need to potty-train your two-year-old, then the Angels Kids Step Stool may be the perfect fit. The 5 inches height makes it ideal to step up to the toilet and for your toddler’s feet to rest on the step stool.
A small bathroom quickly becomes overcrowded. The size of the potty step stool prevents you from bumping into it when opening the bathroom door. You may safely enter without accidentally sliding the stool out from underneath your child.
The bright blue non-slip surface makes it safe for your toddler to stand on. The anti-slip grips at the bottom of the step stool prevent the step stool from moving, causing your child to fall. Two holes in the sides are large enough for little fingers to pick up the step stool and move it from the toilet to the bathroom sink.
Great Tower Stool For Kitchen
- Toddlers easily climb in and out by themselves. Once inside, the frame holds prevents them from falling.
- It allows your child to participate in kitchen activities at the counter level.
- The four adjustable heights adapt as your kids grow.
- It isn’t portable and doesn’t fold up for storage.
- Some consumers found the paint chipping.
If your toddler hates being on the floor when everyone is kitchen counter height, then the Little Partners Learning Tower is the top choice for your toddler to join the conversation. The learning tower step stool is made from durable wood that lifts your toddler safely high enough to help wash dishes, cooking, or other family activities.
Toddlers climb in and out of the step stool frame without help from siblings or parents. Once standing inside, the frame protects them from falling backward when losing balance. The step stool adjusts to four different heights to keep up with your growing children.
The platform is broad enough that two smaller kids may fit in the step stool at the same time. It is sturdy enough to withstand enthusiastic toddlers’ lively rough handling.
It is one of the best step stools that embrace parenting when toddlers want to help in the kitchen. Why not teach them at a young age to wash dishes; you’ll be thankful later.
Best Stool To Handle Heavy Weight
- The skid-resistant base won’t slip on most surfaces, even wet bathroom tiles.
- If you need more than 7 inches, the step stools are stackable.
- The design is based on an elephant’s foot.
- The non-slip areas aren’t as easy to clean as the rest of the step stool.
If you’re looking for a basic step stool with a slip-resistant surface and bases, then the Bumbo Step Stool for a toddler is a great pick. The elephant foot design is not only cute but safe for your toddler to stand on. Just like an elephant stands solidly on the ground, the Bumbo step stool doesn’t skid on multiple surfaces. It is one of the best toddler step stools that won’t slide on a wet bathroom floor. Toddlers don’t stand still; the step stool won’t even slip with a wiggling toddler on standing on it.
The step stool is white with a colorful non-slip surface and slip-resistant parts on the base. The height of the step stool is ideal for potty training and to reach the bathroom sink. Your toddler may comfortably turn on the 11 x 15 inches wide step stool without losing their balance or slipping of the step. It is hollow, which makes it lightweight and portable, with the two carry slots on the sides of the step stool. The Bumbo step stool is one of the cheaper step stools that is within the price range of most buyers. If 7 inches isn’t high enough, the step stools are stackable and can also be nested
Great Stool For Storage
- The environment-friendly material and lead-free pain are safe for children.
- A variety of beautifully painted themes to delight a child.
- The top step is the lid to a storage compartment that closes slowly to keep little fingers safe.
- When wet, the surfaces may be slippery. A slip-resistant tread would be a great idea.
An orange Pterodactyl is painted on the storage lid of the Fantasy Fields Dinosaur Kingdom Step Stool. The top step of the dual step stool contains a storage compartment. It is designed for toddlers to safe keep their treasures. Two secure safety latches ensure that the lid closes slowly so that it doesn’t close on little fingers.
The step stool is covered with hand-painted/carved designs by Teamson Design Corp. that exhibits a beautiful theme. If your toddler’s room is dinosaur décor, then the Dinosaur Kingdom step stool will be at home. For firefighting toddlers, there is the Little Fire Fighters step stool and for the adventurers the Sunny Safari step stool. Little girls may also like the Crackled Rose design.
The materials used are child-safe and CPSIA compliant. The paints are non-toxic and lead-free. The recycled, pressed wood step stool is sturdy for toddler use. The themes may inspire the imaginations of toddlers three-years and older to use the step stool, store their possession, and even pretend-play as they scramble onto the steps. Adding an extra 12 inches to their height, who knows what kind of treasures your children may discover on their adventures.
With three carry handles, two on the sides, and one in the front, it’s convenient for adults and children to move the step stool to another room or area.
There are some small parts may be a choking hazard to children younger than three-years-old.
Safety Tips When Shopping For A Stool
- Is the step stool portable? A step stool is continuously moved from one place to another and often from one room to another. Make sure it is light enough to carry. Ideally, your toddler should be able to take it. It grants them independence and frees up your time.
- Avoid folding step stools for children. Folding step stools are great for limited storage spaces but aren’t the safest step stools for toddlers. Due to its nature of easily folding, it’s legs may fold under the weight of your child. It is also cumbersome to fold and unfold the step stool every time you want to use it.
- How safe is it to stand on? Step stools may skid on wet or slippery floors if it doesn’t have rubberized or other types of skid-resistant material on the base of the stool. Toddlers don’t know how to stand still. If the surface they are standing on isn’t good for traction, they may slide or lose their balance.
- The design of the toddler step stool matters. When toddlers are potty training or transition to a toilet, the more natural the experience, the quicker they may master it. A step stool with a curve, for example, may fit better against the toilet base. It is a more natural step for the toddler to take climbing up to the toilet without concentrating on stepping on the step stool.
- Who will be using the step stool? The material and how the step stool was designed influences the weight it supports. If you want a step stool for your toddler, your growing children, and for adults, then purchase a step stool that may carry weight over 200 pounds.